ARTIST SERIES: Beasts of the urban wild


Q & A with RA-RE VALVERDE, CLITTER BEAST CULTURE.


Deir

Where are you from?

Valverde

Bronx.  Born and raised.

Deir

What inspires you?

Valverde

Movement, and color inspire me and seeing my subjects in ways they don’t often see themselves.

Deir

How would you characterize your work?

Valverde

It’s a release of color, movement and character in a still image.  My goal is for each picture to tell its own story with many different versions depending on how the viewer sees it. 

Deir

How would you categorize your style?

Valverde

Just expression.  I can’t fully answer that yet because I’m still discovering myself.  Like anything else for me, once it has a label, it’s no longer fresh.













































Credits:

Photography, Ra-Re Valverde for Clitter Beast Culture.

Stylists, Ra-Re Valverde & Tommie Morris for Clitter Beast Culture, Kushinda Little for Yummy Honey Inc.

Makeup, Aisha Burgess for Makeup Junkie.














Comments

Popular Posts